Empowerment Of Women In The Labour Market: Media Campaign For Better Information, Education And A More Active Role Of Women
Duration period: from 1st October 2014 to 30th September 2016
Project management: Serbian Cultural Centre Danilo Kis
Project is financed by: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Slovenia
Aim of the project: Basic aim of the project is to provide complete information and education as well as immediate legal and psyscological assistance to women in Serbia in order to support them in taking a more active role in recognition and reporting of discrimination. By using an interactive combined, public media campaign (the concept of “cross-media”), women in Serbia will get a chance to obtain all the necessary information, knowledge, measures and procedures for reporting discrimination in the workplace in one place. Besides active information, the aim of the project is to offer free legal and psychological assistance to women who have found themselves under pressure of discrimination practices or were their victims in the labour market in the past.
The aim is to include the largest possible number of women of all ages and levels of education in two ways: by actively introducing the problem to the women, by getting women to talk about their personal perception of the problem and by getting them to start solving the problem at the same time. The project intends to achieve these aims by using different media: the new media (internet portal) with which younger and middle-aged population of women are familiar with, while the traditional media (radio, documentary, manuals) are popular with all generations. The project will eccourage certain women to speak of and articulate their own experience of discrimination (anonymous statements, blogs, interviews) and evaluate their position in that way which will help with immediate identification and sense of bonding.
On the other hand, the media campaign signifies a more efficient information of the wider public on this problem and an invitation to organisations dealing with women’s rights to accept new methods for resolving these issues.
Also, the aim of the project is forming a solid network of women’s organisations in Serbia and the EU with a view to acting together.
- Internet portal as a platform for information, education, assistance and interaction of women, academic community, employers, government institutions and the civil sector from the field of labour law and workplace discrimination;
- Network of women’s organisations from Serbia and Slovenia which will take part in the dissemination and promotion of project contents;
- Four radio shows;
- A documentary;
- Three round-table discussions- a dialogue with the representatives of government and civil structures, academic community and also with the women who are victims of discrimination or know examples of good practices, e.g. employers who have successfully resolved instances of discrimination or taken measures to prevent discrimination of women;
- A manual about discrimination of women in the labour market (experiences from the project and recommendations for information, education, raising awareness and help for a more active role of women in reporting dicsrimination in the workplace)
- women who are victims of discrimination in the workplace;
- women in the labour market of all ages and all levels of education;
- men inerested in the position of women in the labour market;
- governmental and non-governmental organisations and institutions dealing with discrimination of women in the labour market and other fields;
- employers (private and public);
- institutions which concretise the conditions for protection of women in the labour market (legal and legislative bodies);
- general, academic and media public;
- all the above mentioned target groups in the wider region as well.
The opinions and contents of the project do not represent the official stance of the Government of the Republic of Slovenia.